The William Bonifas Fine Arts Center held its annual meeting on October 27, 2016. The meeting included reviewing the past year’s audited financial statements, honoring 6 artists and art appreciators, and enjoying the U.P. Premiere (ArtPrize) exhibit.
- Bill Taylor, Ford River - retired Wildlife Biologist, avid birder, artist, and boat-builder. A strong support of the Bonifas.
- Marguerite Barak – a retired math teacher, photographer, Bonifas Art Center docent and volunteer.
- Al Hansen, Escanaba – a devoted and enthusiastic Bonifas instructor and volunteer as well as a ceramic instructor at Bay College, community volunteer for Bay Cliff Camp, Bonifas Arts and many other organizations.
- Mary Penet – community volunteer for Native American community, Universal Unitarians, and the Bonifas Arts center, artist, arts advocate and muse. Mary was instrumental in encouraging and assisting U.P. artists to participate in ArtPrize.
- Robert Schmeling – a veteran and retired woodlands manager for Mead Paper Company. He was a strong advocate for the protection of U.P natural resources, an avid historian, and collector of wildlife art, especially the art of Dietmar Krumrey.
- Jeanette Le Captain, Escanaba – A professional ice skater and producer of local ice shows, Jeanette impacted many young Escanabans. She founded a dance studio where, over the years, she instructed, both children and adults in the art of dancing.
Sue Roll presented a gift to retiring Board member Theresa Klein in thanks for her six years of service to the Bonifas.
New Board members elected for their first full terms were then introduced - Lynn Soderberg, Renee Theut, and Cathy Sjoquist.
2016 Annual Meeting Minutes »
2016 Audited Financial Statements »