Reach out with your creativity this Earth Day with our "Earth Day Hand Tree" project!
Flat canvas panel, thicker white paper, or regular canvas
Pencil (to trace hand for tree base)
Brown acrylic paint
Green acrylic paint
Yellow acrylic paint
Plastic Fork or regular fork (either way, they can be washed)
Paper plate (2–optional, otherwise you can use regular plate or color palate if you have one at home)
1. Lay out the flat canvas panel, thicker white paper, or regular canvas
2. Place hand on the flat canvas panel, thicker white paper, or regular canvas and use the pencil to trace hand and some of the arm to make the base of the tree trunk and fingers as the branches
3. Use the brown acrylic paint to paint the hand tracing (you can use the optional paper plate for easy clean-up to place the brown paint on, otherwise you can use a regular plate or color palate tray if you have one at home)
4. Allow time for the paint to dry (approximately 30-45 minutes– you can use this time to wash the plate or palate)
5. Now, it’s time to get a little messy with the green and yellow acrylic paint! You get to use your fingers to paint by dipping them in the paint and placing them on the surface as the leaves/buds (here you’d use the second optional paper plate for the green and yellow paints or the regular plate or palate)
6. Next, you can use the plastic fork or the regular fork to mix the green and yellow paint together to use to make grass around the tree trunk
Happy Earth Day, everyone! Please let us see your Earth Day Hand Trees!